Monday, December 3, 2012

Connect the Dots: Guest Post from Polish Obsession

Hello My Smitten's 

First up this week I have Marisa from Polish Obsession .   She was the very first blogger to happily agree to help me out this week in my absence.  I really enjoy visiting her blog as I love to see her newest nail polish finds and what design she is currently trying her hand at.  I haven't gotten bold enough yet to try nail designs but Marisa's amazing designs are a motivation for me to one day take the plunge.  I hope you enjoy.
Linking up with Mani Monday



Hi fellow nail polish lovers!!

I'm Marisa from Polish Obsession and I'm so happy to be able to do a guest post for Emma, so she can focus on studying!

On my blog, I mostly share swatches of my many polishes, but I dabble in nail art every now and then. One of my favorite styles recently is interlocking dots. So I decided to do one for this post.





I love the combo of pink and black, so I started off with Essie Mod Squad, a lovely Barbie pink creme, then I taped off my nail diagonally and added my go to black creme, Nicka K Noir. I then alternated with pink and black dots. I finished it off with Beauty Secrets top coat.


Artificial Light

Artificial Light

Artificial Light

Artificial Light

Artificial Light

I really loved this combo and I hope you guys do too!

Have you ever tried an interlocking mani? What's your favorite form of nail art?

Thanks for having me Emma!! And thanks for reading folks ;0). Marisa

19 comments:

  1. I totally love this mani. I must try the interlocking dot. What did you use to make your dots? I sure don't have a dotting tool that large lol. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emma for having me!! I used a dotting tool, but before I had one I used to use the head of a bobby pin. It does a great job for dots!

      Delete
  2. Holy cow that is awesome!!!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cute! I really need to try interlocking, but it seems so hard :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not hard at all. You should give it a try Jenna!

      Delete
  4. Love pink and black together. Interlocking dots are so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marisa, this is such a stunning mani! I def want to try and recreate something like this! I love it! Great job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Renee! So glad you like it!

      Delete
  6. Those are awesome! Thank you so much for linking up with Mani Monday!!

    xo,
    Heather @ Glitter and Gloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this mani is amazing. I just had to share it.

      Delete
  7. They are amazing! I don't think I would have the patience to do it though haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually doesn't take so long. The only thing to be patient about is the wait time for the base color to dry to apply the second color with tape. After that, it's just adding the dots!

      Delete
  8. What amazing nails! Love the unique design!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...